Umbau der Re 460 auf die neue Beleuchtung

• Another question:

When I remove the front coupling mechanism, it leaves a hole in the bottom ...
    With Roco 460's one gets a plastic insert to fill it .. [in the accessories packet]
    Do HAG do these..and what do they call them or a part number?
    I have written to HAG, but they do not get back to me ..

Anyone have the answer to this?

Peter Clare

Edit: unnecessary empty lines removed. Admin Peter

• When one removes the front coupling mechanism..it leaves a hole in the front apron..
    On Roco 460's ..there is a plastic insert in the accessories packets..
    Do HAG do these inserts..What are they called or a part number ?
    I have mailed HAG, but alas no reply..and I cannot find it on their parts list..

Peter Clare

Edit: unnecessary empty lines removed. Admin Peter

• I have ordered the LED lighting kit from Zuba-Tech..but no sign of it yet 3 weeks..from HAG ..

Maybe you should think about to order it somewhere else. This part is available (delivery time about 10 times maximum from factory) and on stock in other stores (for example: http://eyro.ch/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=5691)

About M4: Please tell the item number of the loksound decoder you use. Maybe this is one without M4.
    You will need the ESU file to programm the decoder. If you don't get if from Zuba-Tech you can ask me.

Hag item number 536

Please try to make less empty lines in your text...

• Hi
    Less empty lines Noted .....
    Thank you for the hag part number ... It does not appear on my list of parts for the 460 ... but now I have a starting point ..
    The M4 column ... It's on the ESU Lokpilot V4 M4 template..and so it's on the ESU Loksound V4 M4 template..so that's a good start.
    If I use a Loksound v4 .... this should do all the functions I need [until I counted all the light functions]. Or would you need a Loksound v4 M4? .I am using a lenz system ..
    Do I need that column M4?
    All I need to do is to set the minimum sound functions on the first few function buttons. I have some station announcements I recorded on video in 2016, which I want to insert ..
    30 functions ..
    -----
    The LED lighting kit, I've already ordered from Zuba-Tech .. so I'm stuck with that ..
    They were a big favor a few months back .. The was a rare Roco 460 'Stratago! For
    example, Zuba-Tech got it for me ... at no extra charge..so I owe them ..
    Regards
    Peter Clare

• Thank you for the hag part number ... It does not appear on my list of parts for the 460 ... but now I have a starting point ..

Hi Peter

You find the current list here: Replacement Parts - just download the PDF:

scroll down to page 43 and search for article 536:

You certainly can order it at EYRO (see link somewhere above) or Zuba-Tech.

In terms of decoders I can't be of any help - I'm a bloody ignorant :D (I just collect railway models, I do not run them ...)

Gruss

Roland

• Hi
    The M4 column ... It's on the ESU Lokpilot V4 M4 template..and so it's on the ESU Loksound V4 M4 template..so that's a good start.
    If I use a Loksound v4 .... this should do all the functions I need [until I counted all the light functions]. Or would you need a Loksound v4 M4? .I am using a lenz system ..
    Do I need that column M4?

If you use a LokSound V4 (not V4 M4) there is for sure not M4 column in the template! If you use Lenz you don't need M4 so you can use a normal LokSound V4.
    Please note that the configuration for the lighting kit is not very easy and I really recommend you to use the original file for programming (for sure you can later put in your own sound-files).

If you want to wait for your lighting kit no problem - as I told you somewher else it is on stock ;-)

• First of all , a big thank you for both your help..
    To 'erzhal' for the location of the apron part number...I did look on the HAG spare parts site, but was looking under the re460 parts section...not the Zubehör section...
    ------------------------
    And to 'modellbahner' for help on the decoder ...
    After reading 'Amkev's' artical, and looking at the pictures..I feel reasonably confident I can do the alterations myself...
    I will post my results..with some pictures when done..as soon as I receive the lighting kit..
    regards
    Peter Clare

• Erzhal
    Do you know where I can readily get this part [536] outside Switzerland...maybe Germany ?
    If I buy from Switzerland, I get stung for UK import duty/V.A.T. taxes 20%..at least.
    If I buy from say Germany/Austria...I do not..
    regards
    Peter Clare

• HAG lighting problem [1]

I have just purchased a HAG AC ‘Skandia’…and installed a HAG LED lighting kit…and floor-print [280056-90] with a ESU Loksound V4 decoder...located on the LED lighting kit..

Also a HAG 281 ‘Rentenanstalt’ DC model..[New] quite cheap..

I swapped the two bogies around….

So now I have a 2 rail ‘Skandia’…and all works as expected..

Except F5…

I have rewritten the lighting data functions onto a 54468-LSV4.0-ELok-Universal-Re460-R4..

From a Locksound V4 [M4] on a HAG AIR14…

Keeping F! & F2 [Drive sound & Fan]

F4..swapped conductors whistle for a station announcement…

F6…swapped the ‘acceleration’ for an ‘air pump’ sound..

F16 & 17 which were empty...inserted station announcements..

All the lighting functions have identical ’F’ function positions..

Before pressing the F5 function: the front lights are white with one rear white

Pressing F5 the one white rear goes off, and two red come on..…just for a couple of seconds and then goes back to one single white..

On the AIR14 they stay red…until F5 is pressed again..

I cannot save the complete data/sound files of the AIR14 with the programmer, only the data files..

Anyone any thoughts…Is it to do with the two decoders being different versions of the V4?

Or something else ?

Regards

Peter Clare ��&�

• Hi

The file I have written is more than 2mb..and the forum does not accept over 2mb, also does not like .esux files...

Do you have an email address I can send them to ?

regards

Peter

• The file I have written is more than 2mb..and the forum does not accept over 2mb, also does not like .esux files...

Do you have an email address I can send them to ?

Peter - what is the size of your upload if you zip the .esux file?

Gruss

Roland

• Roland..

the file is still over the 2mb..[2.268mb]

If you give me an e-mail address to send it to..it could be helpful..

Or is there another way , I can get the file to you ?

Peter

• I am asking the wrong person for an email address

Should have been 'Modellbahner'...

So start again...'Modellbahner'..do you have an email address I can post these files to.?

I cannot get them below 2mb with Rar/Winzip..and this forum will not let me post .esux files..

regards

[peterclare@blueyonder.co.uk]

Peter

• Lighting problem solved...sort of..

Whilst the HAG Skandia dose not work correctly on the Lokprogrammer [drivers cab][Loksound v4]....On my main layout [Lenz controller]..it does work correctly...

The HAG AIR14 with the Loksound v4 [M4] works correctly on both systems..

So I am puzzelled ?....Anyone any thoughts ?

Peter Clare

• Hallo Zusammen

Heute rauchte bei mir ein ESU V4 Decoder auf einer HAG Re 460 Platine ab. Es ist die Lok, wo der Umbau in diesem Thread beschrieben ist. Und zwar gab es während der Fahrt (talwärts) einen kurzen Chlapf, danach rauchte es aus der Lok.

Die Lok fuhr während ca einem Jahr ohne jegliche Probleme. Den Motor habe ich gegen Masse und Schleifer durchgeprüft und keinen Kurzschluss festgestellt. Jetzt zögere ich mit dem Einbau eines neuen Decoders. Hatte jemand schon ein ähnliches Problem und kennt evtl. die Ursache?

• Hoi Zäme

Ich denke ich habe das Problem des verbratenen Decoders gelöst. Und zwar habe ich Abriebspuren am Motor und an der Platine gefunden.

Nach dem Einbau eines neuen Decoders gehen auf der Motorenseite die unteren linken LEDs nicht mehr. Weder Weiss-, Scheinwerfer- und das rote Schlusslicht. Ich deute auf einen Schluss Funktions+ gegen Masse. Die Platine funtioniert sonst ohne Einschränkungen. Die Lok fuhr stossend im Wendel talwärts mit einem 7 teiligen Roco EW IV Pendel. Es könnte sein das die Wagen an der Lok so fest gezogen haben dass der Motor mit der Platine Kontakt machte. Vorsorglich werde ich jetzt bei all meinen Hag Re 460 die Kontaktstellen mit Isolierband isolieren. Auch bei den unteren LEDs werde ich die blanken Leiterbahnen isolieren. Diese könnten auch mit dem Fahrgestell in Kontakt kommen.

Gruess Kevin

• Hallo Kevin

Konntest Du das Problem nun definitiv lösen mit dem Isolierband? Wenn ja werde ich dies vorsichtshalber bei meinen Loks dann auch machen.

Gruess,

Patrick

Gruess,
    Patrick

• Hallo Patrik

Ich habe bei der oben erwähnten Lok den Decoder ersetzt und die Leiterplatte abgeklebt.

Seither fährt diese wieder ohne Störungen. Trotzdem bin ich mir nicht sicher ob das wirklich das Problem war.

Gruess Kevin